The goal of this certification program is to help prepare individuals with natural sales talent in how to present a standard iMIS Overview demonstration for Associations. An iMIS Sales Engineer entering the program must have (or develop) strong product knowledge and strong knowledge of the marketplace but may lack the experience in presenting iMIS at a high level to further sales. This is a pre-requisite for more specialized vertical market training such as fundraising, regulatory body and union demonstrations.
Who should apply?
Experienced iMIS Consultants or Sales specialists who are looking to enhance their demonstration and presentation skills. They will learn how to demonstrate iMIS in the ASI Way.
Why should I get certified?
You benefit. Certification as a CiSE is a distinction that proves your understanding of the core functionality of iMIS as well as the current practices for demonstrating an iMIS system. Getting certified will not only increase your skills, but also demonstrate your expertise to your organization and peers. You are at the front line of new product enhancements.
Your company benefits. Through the certification process, you will be able to demonstrate to your organization that you are skilled demonstrating iMIS during the sales process to help them achieve their sales goals.
What resources does ASI provide to you in the program?
The following resources are in place to assist a new demonstration resource learn the process:
- Access to an experienced iMIS Sales Engineer Coach who will guide and mentor you through the program
- Overview demonstration script – one for organizations that serve members and donors and another for pure associations
- ASI-designed PowerPoints to support key sales messages
- Recorded videos of demonstration for reference
- The starter database on latest release of iMIS
- Access to the Certified iMIS Sales Engineer Community
The standard ASI demonstration content will provide you with all of the content you need.
What are the stages of the Certified iMIS Sales Engineer Certification?
- Pre-Training / Skills Evaluation
- iMIS Demonstration Training
- Mentoring and Mock Demonstration
- Live Demonstration with your iMIS Coach
- Probationary Acceptance and on-going support from your iMIS Coach
- Full acceptance into the Certified iMIS Sales Engineer community and on-going refresher updates on ASI product enhancements
STAGE 1 - PRE-TRAINING / SKILLS EVALUATION
- iMIS Skills
- Presentation Skills
- PowerPoint Skills
Let us evaluate your baseline skills and recommend a training program to ensure your success with iMIS. Demonstrations require skills that you may not use daily.
STAGE 2 – iMIS DEMONSTRATION TRAINING
- Trainee & Coach: Review the resources and demonstration flow and goals for a demonstration
Coach: Presents an overview demonstration
Trainee: Requests a new demonstration instance; downloads materials
Trainee: Rehearses and presents the script / flow verbatim – 2-3 times
Trainee: Presents an unaided overview demo without script
Trainee & Coach: Review demo pitfalls and how to get out of them
Trainee & Coach: Review ‘how to work with your Account Rep / PIL’
- High level benefit statements
- Continuous Performance Improvement
- Learn how to say what iMIS can do; don’t show how to do it
STAGE 3 - MENTORING AND MOCK DEMONSTRATION
We will present a scenario where the trainee has some small changes that will enhance an overview demo and is given two hours to prepare for a demonstration. The new presenter will deliver the demonstration to the trainer for feedback and evaluation.
STAGE 4 – LIVE DEMONSTRATION WITH YOUR iMIS COACH
After training is complete, you will conduct your first solo demonstration.
STAGE 5 – PROBATIONARY ACCEPTANCE
Once initial training is complete – we provide demo preparedness planning / rehearsal time between the Coach / Trainee. Each new demonstration given will include a pre-readiness review and mentoring to:
- Review the Agenda and Presentation PPT
- Walk through the demonstration flow – focus on key messages / benefits to the client
- Review Demo instance that will be used for content that will speak to the client
STAGE 6 – WELCOME TO THE TEAM – HELP AS NEEDED
Once completed, the new trainee can ask for assistance / coaching as needed. We recommend also training for vertical markets and how to approach a tailored / scripted demo.