The Certified iMIS Professional program was developed as an objective means of distinguishing yourself as highly skilled and knowledgeable in the installation, implementation, configuration, management and administration of iMIS. You know and follow ASIs best practices and standards for working with iMIS and for engaging with clients using iMIS.
Who should apply?
Experienced iMIS Professionals with at least three (3) years of field experience working with iMIS and who are looking achieve formal recognition through ASI’s assessment that your work meets a high standard and is aligned with ASI’s iMIS best practice methods and solutions. The certification will distinguish you from the uncertified service provider and reassures customers that you meet a minimum standard of work quality.
Why should I get certified?
You benefit. Certification as a CiP is a distinction that proves your significant product knowledge and capabilities. Getting certified will not only increase your skills, but also demonstrate your knowledge to your company, clients and peers.
Your company benefits. If you are looking to become an Authorized iMIS Consultant, this certification is required for your business. ASI Solution Providers will be able to differentiate themselves by offering Certified iMIS Professionals to their clients, and it offers your employer a simple personal development program for their employees.
What are the prerequisites?
You will need to be able to demonstrate at least 3 years of experience in working with iMIS. For current Certified iMIS Administrators
in good standing, this requirement is shortened to only 1 year of additional consulting experience. This will be verified by seeking recommendations from at least 3 clients from the previous 12 months who can vouch for your professionalism in your work delivery. You will also submit an explanation of this work to ASI to enable assessment that it was aligned to ASI best practice standards for using the product as designed. You will also need to complete all the program content and assessment requirements in the ASI Learning Hub.
What is the Certification Process?
- Enroll in the Program in the ASI Learning Hub, which will start you on your process. Login to the ASI Learning Hub and Browse the Catalog using keywords or the Certifications Category to find the program. (Note: you must have an iMIS Learning Subscription and be an Authorized iMIS Solution Provider, ASI Staff or special permission from ASI Training to access it):
- Watch the Welcome to the CiP Program video to learn more about your course requirements.
- Complete all the Mandatory and Elective learning courses in the ASI Learning Hub
- Take the CiP Assessment with an 80% pass mark in the Learning Hub
- Upload your resume and 3 client reference information in the Learning Hub
- ASI Training will contact your references for feedback. Once complete they will review and advise you of completion.
You do not need to do these in the order above, but you cannot be certified until all steps are completed and once commenced you complete the process within 6 months.
For how long is the certification valid?
CiPs maintain their certification for 2 years from the day you become certified. At the end of the year, you will need to provide two more references, additional courses in the ASI Learning Hub plus 10 professional development units that will be awarded through completing other courses or attendance at iNNOVATIONS and other methods of engagement with ASI every 12 months.